guacamole, the obvious choice

Really, I should have posted my recipe for guacamole (what else says "blue skies and a squeeze of lime" so well?) for the maiden run so before I return to my housework here it is:

Guacamole, straight-up

3-4 large avocados
one large sweet yellow onion, chopped
1/2 a bunch of cilantro cleaned and chopped
one medium tomato, diced
2 limes, juiced
1/2-1 tsp kosher salt

Cut the avocados along their longitudinal equator (you know, lengthwise), spear pit with your knife and pull out (or pull out with your fingers) and scoop the pretty green flesh out into a bowl. Combine with the onion, cilantro, tomato and lime juice. Use a fork and mash leaving it a little chunky. Add 1/2 tsp salt at a time to taste. You can always squeeze in another lime to taste too. That's it. If you've made it early for a party or dinner, cover tightly pressing plastic wrap into the guacamole to keep the air and the ugly brown color out. Then call me and I'll come over and we can enjoy it together.

Comments

Popular Posts