Sick Day

Sara and I set out bright and early the day after Easter (3:45 a.m. alarm) for her final college visit.  On the second-leg of our AirTran journey the poor guy next to me spent the entire flight battling his runny nose.  One thought, "Uh-oh".  Had a great Monday at Duke (!) and a good night's sleep before an awesome Tuesday which didn't actually conclude until Wednesday arriving home at 3:30 a.m.  Pick your poison (inability to shower right away to remove said germs?, crazy schedule? or lack of sleep?), but those germs had a field day with my tired body.  I did crank out make-your-own calzones last night before the wheels fell off. And we had a special guest at dinner who has never had rhubarb so of course I had to make a strawberry-rhubarb crumble.  I've not posted the crumble so when I rally a bit more I'll get it written.  And then I'll disinfect my keyboard again.  I believe I've mentioned that it's a push to the finish with lacrosse, grad party, oldest off to study abroad, graduation and etc. so the last thing I need is to lose a couple of days.  Nothing much to be done about it.  One good thing:  I will probably be awake at 4:00 a.m. trying to breathe and ready to watch the Royal Wedding.  There's the sunny side.

strawberry-rhubarb crumble

Comments

Popular Posts